Saturday, December 1, 2012

16 Weeks


How am I feeling physically? Well! No real major symptoms. I have had some very mild round ligament pain (from my uterus growing), heartburn (which responds well to Tums) and my lower abdomen feels fuller. The weird tongue thing I had with my daughter seems to be starting, but it isn't too bad, yet. The eye twitch seems to have returned:(

Doctor's Appointment: I had my 16 week OB appointment on Tuesday. Now starts the ho hum appointments: weight, blood pressure, urine dip, GB's heartbeat on doppler, questions (which I rarely have any). They are pretty quick appointments and should be similar until we get near the end. This time I also had to do the blood draw for the 2nd tri genetic testing. Everything looked good and we should get the results from the genetic testing in a couple of weeks.

Weight Gain: 1 pound

Sleep: I am a tummy/side sleeper. So far, I can still sleep in my comfy position- on my tummy with one leg bent, so slightly off to the side. When I can no longer sleep on my tummy, it will take some time to adjust.

Mood: good, excited to see how excited T & R are about their baby.

Movement: Still feeling a few flutters here and there.

Exciting Moment(s): Nothing too exciting these past two weeks, but stay tuned!

Milestones Achieved: Now, s/he's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces. S/he's listening to your voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in the ears, growing hair, lashes and eyebrows and forming taste buds. (Source: thebump.com)

Next Milestones/What I am looking forward to: My next OB appointment and "20 week" u/s is January 7th, where we should get confirmation that all is well and find out if Gummy Bear is a he or a she! Hopefully, movements that I can feel will be increasing over the next few weeks.

I started out overweight, so I feel like I still just look fat, but my family swears I look pregnant, so, here you go- my first bump pic:)
16 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment