Monday, December 17, 2012

18 Weeks

Sorry, this is a couple of days late. It was a fun and busy weekend!

How am I feeling physically? Heartburn is my biggest complaint (which responds well to Tums, though seems to be increasing in frequency). The weird tongue thing I had with my daughter seems to be getting worse slowly, but it isn't too bad, yet. The eye twitch seems to have gone away. I finally feel like I look pregnant, which is fun.

Doctor's Appointment: We got the results for the genetic testing and it came back negative:o) My next appointment is January 7th. It will be a long one, with the comprehensive anatomy u/s followed by a regular OB appointment.

Weight Gain: IDK- I haven't been on the scale recently.

Sleep: I am a tummy/side sleeper. So far, I can still sleep in my comfy position- on my tummy with one leg bent, so slightly off to the side. When I can no longer sleep on my tummy, it will take some time to adjust.

Mood: This is a busy time of year. With me being pregnant and DH studying for his big engineer's test in April, I feel like I have been a little moodier than usual, but the spirit of the season helps:o) 

Movement: Still feeling a few flutters here and there.

Exciting Moment(s): Finding out that GB is a BOY! 

Milestones Achieved: Head to rump, your GB is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that I'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born.  (Source: thebump.com)

Next Milestones/What I am looking forward to: My next OB appointment and "20 week" u/s is January 7th, where we should get confirmation that all is well and confirm that Gummy Bear is a he! Hopefully, movements that I can feel will be increasing over the next few weeks. We have also started the paperwork for the Pre-Birth Order that will put T and R's names on the birth certificate and legally confirm their parental rights.


18 Weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment