Sunday, April 21, 2013

36 weeks

Happy Birthday R!!!!!!!

How am I feeling physically? I am feeling pretty good, finally:o) I have had some very minor swelling in my hands and ankles (no more wedding ring for me). My hip is a bit sore, as the relaxin hormone does its job preparing my joints to relax for birth. The weather has been really nice for the last couple of weeks and I think getting outside with DD has been good for all of us:o) 

Doctor's Appointment: I had my 36 week (35w6d) appointment Friday. Everything looks good. BP-a little higher, but still well within normal range, urine dip-fine, GB's HR-140s, uterus measurement-35 weeks. Cervix-1/2 cm dilated, 0% effaced. GB's head down. Dr. had to bring in the ultrasound to double check because his head was "floating" up away from the cervix. GB has been head down since the 20 wk u/s, so I am pretty confident he will stay that way, but please think head down thoughts for us, just in case he even thinks about turning. My next appointment will be May 7th.

Weight Gain:  10 pounds total!

Sleep: I seem to have settled into a sleep pattern of sort that is working out OK. I seem to wake up to empty my bladder between 12 and 1 and again between 3 and 4. I can live with twice, it isn't too bad.

Mood: I am feeling excited about what is in front of us. R and T seem to be getting excited and making preparations for this little one. The end is in sight!

Movement: I feel kicks and punches all over. Most of them are higher/in the middle-feet, knees, bottom. Occasionally, I feel punches to my cervix, which is a weird feeling. GB seems to have 3 main active periods, one an hour or so after each meal.

Exciting Moment(s): R & T have had 2 baby showers in the last 2 weeks. Not surrogacy related, but a major exciting moment for my family this past week was DH's completion of his licensing test. He has spent the last 4 months studying and studying and studying and we are soooooo glad that he is done and we have him back:o)

Milestones Achieved:
GB weighs in at about 6 pounds and measures about 18 inches long. He's getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on his own. His skin is getting smooth and soft and his gums are rigid. His liver and kidneys are in working order and circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.
Source: thebump.com)


Next Milestones/What I am looking forward to: Hopefully, the Pre-birth Order will be finalized soon (yes, I know I keep saying this, but it seems to be taking forever). Some time in the next few days, maybe even today, I plan to start my hospital bag and make a list of last minute things to add.


I thought it would be fun to look at the progression of my bump:o)

16 weeks



26 weeks

36 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment