Wednesday, March 27, 2013

32 weeks

How am I feeling physically? Yesterday was rough:o( I had acid reflux/heartburn all night combined with DD waking up crying and coming to toss and turn in our bed, I got minimal sleep. Then, I just felt like crap the whole day. Upset stomach, heartburn coming and going and exhausted. Luckily, my amazing DH was able to take most of the day off and take care of DD while I got some rest. I slept OK last night (minus the getting up every 2 hours to pee;o) and I feel quite a bit better today. I am hoping it was just a fluke thing and, if I increase the Zantac to twice a day, things will go back to normal.

Doctor's Appointment: I had my 32 week (32w4d) appointment today. Everything looks good. BP- perfect, urine dip- fine, GB's HR- 148-150, uterus measurement- 33 weeks. Yesterday's symptoms- normal :-P Basically GB is taking up more space in my abdomen, which leaves less space for food and can make food slower moving. My next ppointment will be April 19th. It will include a test for Group B Strep and a cervical exam, in addition to all of the other "normal" stuff.

Weight Gain:  7 pounds total!

Sleep: Sleeping is becoming more difficult. Especially because I really need to drink more water, but getting up every 2 hours to pee is already annoying enough. The bright side is I just switch sides when I go back to bed, thus avoiding the breaching whale effect (DH's term;o) that rolling over has. I don't seem to be having trouble going back to sleep, so that is good, too.

Mood: This weekend we bought a new Honda Odyssey. It will make a lot of things easier, as my belly continues to grow:o) And, yes, it is a "mom mobile," but I love it! I try to keep politics out of here, but it is part of my mood this week, so, if you don't want to read it, skip to the next section:o) Feeling poorly yesterday was a major mood killer, but all of the talk about marriage equality gives me hope that someday, we, as a country, will get past our archaic views. I am not a huge rallier, but I feel like I am doing my part and I hope that someday soon, R & T can get married, if they want to.

Movement: I feel kicks and punches all over. In the last week, I have started feeling more smooth movements and less sharp movements, which makes sense as GB's quarters get tighter. Yesterday's events definitely prove that GB is making his presence known. "Out front is still an option, Little Man. It doesn't have to be up or down."

Exciting Moment(s): Everything seems to be moving along as it should:o) 

Milestones Achieved: GB weighs in at about 2.5 to 3.8 pounds and measures about 15.2 to 16.7 inches. He's getting ready for his descent and is likely in the head-down position now. And he's probably feeling even more cramped. (Source: thebump.com)

Next Milestones/What I am looking forward to: Hopefully, the Pre-birth Order will be finalized soon. I know that a baby shower is in the works for the guys and I can't wait to hear about that, since I know how exciting it is to see how much love a baby has before it is even born. Then, we can sit back and relax until GB decides it is time to meet his daddies:o)

32 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment