Wednesday, March 13, 2013

30 weeks


Sorry this is a bit late. It was a whirlwind weekend. Saturday we had a shopping day with my aunt and cousins. I spent most of last week doing stuff to help prepare for my grandpa's funeral. Sunday night through yesterday, I traveled with my mom to her hometown, to help her pull everything together for the memorial service, which turned out perfectly. It was exactly what he would have wanted. A few tears were shed, but, mostly, we laughed over the awesome memories and antics of the 75 wonderful years of his life (though he lived 84 years).

How am I feeling physically? Zantac continues to be good to me:o) The weird tongue thing I had with my daughter seems to be virtually gone (for now)! That cold I had seems to be completely gone. I feel like that cold zapped my energy, so, hopefully, some of it will return as time passes and my activity level increases. I seem to have some annoying sinus drainage, but it is just annoying. Otherwise, I feel well and am looking forward to Spring and what it brings.

Doctor's Appointment: My next appointment will be March 27th and will be the last same ol', same ol' appointment! Cervical checks and other fun stuff after that.

Weight Gain:  9 pounds total!

Sleep: I am a tummy/side sleeper. Sleeping is becoming more difficult. I usually read in bed before sleeping and I can't lie on my back that long anymore. I have to lie and sleep on my side, so my hip gets sore from lying on it so long with the extra weight, so I have figured out how to prop the pillow under my knee/leg and rotate forward just enough and switching sides is a chore. I am working it out, but it is definitely decreasing the quality of my sleep. The waking up to empty my bladder at night is here to stay, but luckily it is 1-3 times per night and not too disruptive, yet. Overall, not too bad.

Mood: I am starting to wrap my head around the fact that this journey is coming to an end, and all that entails. I have come to terms with the fact that no labor and delivery go exactly as planned and I am prepared for a myriad of situations. R & T live so far away and that significantly increases the chances that they won't be here at the moment their son is born, which is a bummer, but I am super excited to see them hold their little Gummy Bear in their arms. It is also fun to get a glimpse of them getting ready to welcome this sweet little one.

Movement: Mr. GB has changed yet again. He seems to be down low again, but I feel kicks and punches all over. In the last week, I have started feeling more smooth movements and less sharp movements, which makes sense as GB's quarters get tighter. You would think this is a good thing, but it feels a little weird and, occasionally, hurts. I did get some video, but DH was having trouble uploading it, so, hopefully, he can do that soon.

Exciting Moment(s): GTT- PASS! I have started compiling a list of important contact numbers that I am going to include in a folder, along with all of the important legal papers and birth plan to go in my hospital bag. For Christmas, the guys gave me a gift card to a local spa and I finally got to use it last week. I felt so loved and pampered:o) Thanks again, guys! It was exactly what I needed after this last month of sickness, busyness and emotions.

Milestones Achieved: GB is about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)(Source: thebump.com)

Next Milestones/What I am looking forward to: Hopefully, the Pre-birth Order will be finalized soon. I know that a baby shower is in the works for the guys and I can't wait to hear about that, since I know how exciting it is to see how much love a baby has before it is even born. Then, we can sit back and relax until GB decides it is time to meet his daddies:o)

30 weeks 3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment