Wednesday, October 10, 2012

OB, U/S #2 and 3 and Great News!

As I was getting ready to type this, I got a call from the RE's office with my bloodwork results and some great news, but I am getting ahead of myself. . .

Tuesday, I had my first OB appointment. It was so nice to be back in familiar hands, even if it was a marathon appointment. DD and I were there for almost 3 hours! And let me just take a moment to brag about my sweet kid. She is almost 20 months old and was an amazing little trooper, even though she only took about 15 minutes of a usually 2 hour nap before I had to wake her up to leave. She sat in her stroller more than 2 hours of the time and played, ate her snack and eventually we pulled out the big guns (Caillou). She was amazing!:o) The appointment started with a chat with Dr. K (a different one) and an ultrasound to confirm the due date. I will say mid-May, but they like to call it May 18th. And we got a great pic of the little bean.


And I got a great video that allowed the daddies to hear the heartbeat for the very first time:o) Next, after a wait in the waiting room, again, I met with the pre-natal clerk, who basically goes over a bunch of paperwork and schedules pre-natal testing and the next appointment. Then, I got to go to the lab for the full work-up. This included two urine samples and 7 (yes, I said 7!) vials of blood and an hour of waiting because my fatness earned me the early pregnancy Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT). A lot of people hate the drink, but I don't think it is that bad. The worst part is having to sit around (only 1 hour, in this case; some others have to do 2 or 3). This is where Caillou came to the rescue;o) plus she got to roam a little bit free. Some of the blood test results are in. I passed the GTT and everything else is within normal ranges, so far. My white blood cell count is a smidge high, so I guess we will see if the Dr. is worried about it or not.

This morning, I got to wake DD up and go for the monitoring appointment. They did another u/s, which was a bit anti-climactic, since I had just had one the day before and the pic quality of that one was much better. I also had blood drawn to check my Progesterone and Estrogen levels. My progesterone level is 47 (Dr. wants 25+), and Estrogen is 878 (Dr. wants 500+). Now, for the great news. . . No, I am not all done with meds:(, but, I might call it halfway done:o) PIO reduced from 1.5 cc to .5 cc per day (let me tell you this is the most exciting part, I noticed a big difference in the change from 1.0-1.5- a little burning near the end and increased lumpiness and soreness in my booty, so I am anticipating a lovely opposite effect from this big change:oD), Endometrin vaginal suppositories decreased from 3x to 2x per day, Delestrogen IM DONE! and everything else stays the same. I am also hoping that this is a good sign that when I have my next appointment in two weeks, I will get to stop all meds!!!! I am one happy girl! :oD I don't know how to make the smilie's smile any bigger, but I am thrilled!!! Aside from the positive efects on my booty, it also means my body is playing nice and doing its job and we are that much closer to achieving the dream of making two wonderful guys daddies!!!!

This has been a great week, and now I have to go pack for the vacation we are leaving for tomorrow! My next monitoring appointment is scheduled for October 25th and my 12 week OB appointment is scheduled for the 29th (more like 11 weeks). Fingers crossed that I will have even better news then:o)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a great week of appointments! The ok to stop the meds will be a relief for the dads too. Knowing that "nature has taken over" is so reassuring :)
    K

    ReplyDelete