Thursday, October 25, 2012

10 wk u/s

This morning, I had what was very likely my last monitoring appointment. Very soon, I should be getting a call from the RE's office, hopefully releasing me from their care and all of the meds, fingers crossed! Baby's size and heart rate were perfect.


DH and I have been trying to think of a nickname for the baby. "It" and "R&T's baby" just aren't working for me. A surro sister called it "Gummy Bear" in response to the above pic and I loved it! It just so happens that R's favorite candies are gummy ones, so it seems rather appropriate:o)

At today's appointment Gummy Bear (GB) was wiggling around. The Dr. had to count the heartbeats manually because GB wasn't holding still enough for the machine to measure it. I felt myself being in awe of the huge developments in this tiny person over the last few weeks. GB started out as a blob on the screen and just 4 weeks later, it is a tiny person with wiggling arms and legs. It really is quite incredible to see!

This has been a crazy few weeks. October 7th, we welcomed a new niece to our family. She lives on the opposite side of the country, so I will have to wait a couple of months to get to cuddle her and I can't wait:oD We went on vacation to Washington state and I celebrated a BIG birthday;o) I love the busyness, but I am glad to have a little down time before the holidays start. My cousin is getting married in 2 weeks and before I know it, Thanksgiving will be here!

I will leave you with a few pics from our vacation:)

A waterfall from the Olympic National Forest
Grey's Harbor Lighthouse
My sweet girl smelling a rose in the International Rose Test Garden in Portland, OR
A sunrise (which I did not actually see;o)
Family pic on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment