Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy Transfersary!

1 year ago today, two little embies got tranferred into my cozy uterus and one of them got comfy enough to take up residence for 9 months! Happy transfersary to us:-)

Sorry, I kinda left you guys hangin' again. Things have been crazy busy! Back to where I left off. . .

The guys were here for a month after GB was born. They rented an apartment about 20 minutes from my house. I was able to pump and out-supply the demand:-) I think I was producing 50+ ounces per day at the height. GB had a little formula on day 2, before my milk came in, but was able to have all BM after that. They were able to take a big cooler full home on the plane:-) It took me about a week to completely wean after they left and about 3 more weeks to stop leaking. Because they were so close, we were doing milk exchange every 1-2 days, so we got some special time to hang. That month contains some of the most awesome memories for me of this journey. It was all about creating a family and I got to witness parts of their first month together and get some closure for this journey<3 I also got to meet some of their awesome family as it felt like their apartment had a revolving door of visitors, at times;-) So much love for such a little guy.

I had my 6 week check-up with my OB at the end of June and everything looks great. We then spent most of July in Arizona visiting my sister and family. It was a ton of fun but HOT! DD had 4 weeks of swim lessons in there and my sister was here last week for a visit. I am ready for a quiet few weeks.

And, remember that BIG test DH was studying for Jan-April? He PASSED! Only  about 10% of people pass all 3 parts the first time! I am sooooooo proud of him for his hard work and dedication to trying to balance his study time with work and family time and a pregnant (and sick for a whole month) wife. It was hard for all of us, but totally worth it:-D

GB is getting big and doing great. His daddies are both back at work and they are settling in to their new schedule. I have a pic that I will post if I get permission.

This transfersary gives me a chance to reflect on the awesome year that is in our rearview mirror. I feel so lucky to have been a part of something so amazing! I think we had the textbook journey and I am so thankful for that. I hope someday to do another journey, but we are planning to add to our family first and talk about that later:-)

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Andrea! My name is Heather and I have a quick question about your blog :-) My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete