Monday, February 11, 2013

26 weeks

Officially in the third trimester:o) Yippee!!

How am I feeling physically? Zantec continues to be good to me:o) The weird tongue thing I had with my daughter seems to be staying about the same. It gets worse for a day or two, then a little better for a few days. I have had a cold for the last week. The first 3+ days was just a scratchy throat and cough, which was no biggie. Just when I thought it might be on its way out, Friday night, the congestion, sneezing, sinus pressure started. It almost seemed like maybe a new virus right on the back of the other, but who knows. Last night, I finally got an OK night's sleep and I definitely feel better today than I did this weekend, so, hopefully, I am on the downward side of this and on a path back to healthy. Being sick sucks in general, but add to it pregnancy, motherhood and a husband who is trying to study for a HUGE test, and it is especially no bueno. If this is the end of it, we survived!

Doctor's Appointment: My next appointment will be February 25th and will include the dreaded (which I say because a lot of ladies dread it) Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT), which I really don't mind. The drink isn't my favorite, but it isn't too bad. The worst part is having to sit there for an hour and wait to have blood drawn. Lucky for me, I can go to the lab first, drink the stuff, then go upstairs for my OB appointment, then go back down and have my blood drawn. This should get rid of or significantly decrease, my sit and wait time:o)

Weight Gain:  7 pounds total!

Sleep: I am a tummy/side sleeper. So far, I can still sleep in my comfy position- on my tummy with one leg bent, so slightly off to the side, but I can tell that the comfiness end is near. The waking up to empty my bladder at night is here to stay, but luckily it is 0-2 times per night and not too disruptive yet. I have started having a little trouble falling back to sleep after getting up because it is hard to get comfortable again. Overall, not too bad.

Mood: This past week has been rough physically, but I think I held it together pretty well, though I know I was a little grouchy. Things are moving along well. I can't wait to see R & T holding their little Gummy Bear. I really wish that R & T lived closer, so they could be a little more involved in the pregnancy, but I totally understand the cost and logistics involved in flying halfway around the world, when you have a baby on the way. We had a Skype date about a week ago. It is always nice to talk to the guys face to face. We have our third trimester video conference call this Friday with GG.

Movement: Mr. GB definitely likes to play down low, which can be a problem, if I am sitting in the car or trying to sit forward to eat. It seems like he is trying to tell me, "Quit cramping my space!" ;o) I have been feeling and even seeing him move a lot more frequently and with more power, which is fun. He still likes it down low, but I have been feeling more higher up, above my belly button:o)

Exciting Moment(s): 2 trimesters down, 1 to go:o) More movements in more places.

Milestones Achieved: The network of nerves in GB's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both my voice and the voices of those near me. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. His testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days. (Source: thebump.com)

Next Milestones/What I am looking forward to: The last little hurtle is passing the GTT, which I am pretty confident we will. Then, we can sit back and relax until GB decides it is time to meet his daddies:o)

26 weeks

As promised, some pics from a special photo shoot by Holli Horton when my sister and her family were visiting a couple of weeks ago.
All 9 of us
The grand parents with the grandkids.
Haley flying- probably my favorite:o)
My sister's family- Troy kissing his baby sister <3


No comments:

Post a Comment