Monday, July 30, 2012

Cycle Calendar

The last 2 weeks have been a little crazy. Before we left on vacation, I got my box of meds!
EEEEEK! Luckily, I don't take these all at once. The eight bottles on the right are vitamins. No biggie:o) The bags are full of needles and syringes! The funny thing is that the actual shot part is no biggie to me (though I have heard that the progesterone shots in the booty leave knots and bruises, if you aren't super on top of it). I am a little worried about my poor family who will have to deal with me in these hormonal swings.

I had my first monitoring appointment this morning, which involved a blood draw to check my Estrodiol (E2) level and a vaginal ultrasound to check my uterine lining, ovaries and follicles. The Dr. and staff were pretty nice and I really love that it is so close to my house:D I should hear from the nurse this evening to start Lupron. It is a very small needle, injected sub-cutaneously into the fat of the lower belly. Lupron is used to supress my naturally-ocurring hormones, so they can be controlled through the meds and to prevent ovulation. Hopefully, Lupron will take it easy on me:o) I have my next monitoring appointment next Tuesday, the 7th.

We have a projected egg retrieval date of August 24th, which would give us a 3 day transfer on Aug 27 or 5 day transfer on Aug 29. Of course that date is dependent on how the ED (mostly her) and I respond to meds. I start a week earlier than she does, so I am ready to go whenever she is.

Saturday, we enjoyed a "Skype date" with our IPs. It was awesome to get to talk to them in that casual setting and they got to "meet" our daughter!

I will leave you with a picture of my sweet girl from our vacation to San Diego. I think she loves the beach almost as much as her daddy does:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment